Please write, e-mail or call making a plea to Sylvia in hopes that she can influence her husband. Below are some talking points.
When using e-mail or fax, please be sure to provide your name, USPS mailing address, and your day and evening telephone number.
The Panetta Institute for Public Policy** Talking points **
100 Campus Center, Building 86E
California State University, Monterey Bay
Seaside, California 93955
- The seven missing men from the "Erik" fishing boat that capsized are Americans, two of which are U.S. veterans!
- If this was one of the elected officials' or one of your family members, there would not be a question as whether or not the dive would be approved by the D.O.D.!
- These are seven honorable, law-abiding American citizens; who worked to support their families and who pay their taxes!
- If American citizens who pay their taxes cannot depend on the U.S. government to help them in times like these, how can the American people TRUST the government at all?
- Where is all of our tax money going, if not to help these Americans and their families.
- It is hard for me, as a taxpayer, to understand how our government can turn its back on these men and their families.
- I am respectfully asking you to intervene on behalf of these families.
Dear [ ],
As you know, seven fisherman have been lost in the Sea of Cortez. The Department of Defense has said there will be no dive. They said the capability is not available at this time. What exactly does that mean?
These men are all American citizens, some even veterans. It is hard for me, as a taxpayer, to understand how our government can turn its back on these men and their families. I cannot believe that this would be their response if it were their families lost at sea. If this decision is not reversed, these hard working middle class families will have to rely on donations from friends and family to raise the $300,000.00 to hire their own diving team. This is incomprehensible to me.
I am respectfully asking you to intervene on behalf of these families.